POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Water skiing : Water skiing Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Water skiing
From: Skip Talbot
Date: 12 Jun 2003 02:04:16
Message: <3ee817e0@news.povray.org>
Framed in our aircraft hangar is a photograph of a Defiant skimming the
water of lake where the surface is smoother than glass.  The water skiing
wasn't intentional, the photographer directed the pilot of the Defiant a
little too low, trying to get the reflection closer.  I wanted to recreate
this scene using my dad's Long-ez, a similar Rutan canard design.

Horizontally blurred the HDRI to simulate the motion blurring of the scene's
background.  I had planned on using a Poser model for the pilot but then I
thought it would detract from the scene's realism.  A human, unlike the
aircraft, is far too complicated to represent as a mesh of equal quality.
So I took a tape measure and a stool and measured where the camera would be
in relation to the stool as if it were the pilot's seat in the scene.  My
dad, the real pilot, posed with his headphones on.  Then mapped the bitmap
to a triangle behind the canopy I rotated to face the camera.

1600x900 PNG - http://members.aol.com/skipt1/3d/highres/longez6.png

Skip

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: